Summer Dzogchen Retreats Webcast from Glorious Padma Samye Ling with Nyingma Scholar & Meditation Master Venerable Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche!
Pith Instructions for Dzogchen Meditation:
The Importance of Stabilizing Rigpa for Practitioners
July 24 – August 1, 2020
During the 2020 Summer Dzogchen Retreat webcast live from Padma Samye Ling, Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche will impart the heart essence of Dzogchen Pith Instructions according to the stainless wisdom lineage of the great master Mipham Rinpoche. These are direct pointing out instructions on how important it is to recognize the nature of rigpa, strengthen it, and then bring it to stability. Through this practice we will transform samsara and nirvana into the pure land of the dharmakaya.
* Mipham’s root text will be available to particiants as a free download.
Mipham Rinpoche (1846-1912) was a great Nyingma master and writer of the last century. Blessed by Manjushri, he became one of the greatest scholars of his time, and was a devoted student of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo Rinpoche, and Patrul Rinpoche. Mipham Rinpoche had an enormous impact in re-awakening a deep reverence and interest in the Nyingma and Dzogchen teachings. Three hundred and twenty-two of his Dharma works have survived. Apart from these, he composed more than thirty-five books on a range of subjects including medicine; poetry (particularly the Gesar epics); logic; cosmology; astrology and divination; alchemy; painting and sculpture; engineering; and both extensive and pithy commentaries on the Sutras and Tantras of Buddha Shakyamuni and Guru Padmasambhava.
Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche brings these teachings to vivid life with practical, pithy advice that goes straight to the heart and inspires us all to use this precious opportunity for the great and lasting benefit of all beings.
Registration is Required for everyone to access this retreat.
Suggested Donations: All amounts of donations are graciously accepted. We humbly request everyone participating to help sustain Padma Samye Ling during these challenging times, and warmly welcome Patron Sponsors of this retreat to generously support PBC! Everyone will be able to join as long as they register.
Everyone is warmly welcome to join webcast practices and teachings from Padma Samye Ling Temple as best suits your schedule…
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am EDT Guru Padmasambhava, Buddha Shakyamuni, and Arya Tara Practice
- 10:00 am – Noon EDT Dzogchen Meditation & Pith Instructions from Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm EDT Du Sum Sangye Accumulation Practice, Dzogchen Meditation, Vajrakilaya & Dharmapala practice led by Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche
- 7:30 pm – 8:15 pm EDT Heart Sutra Practice
- This schedule begins Saturday, July 25. There will only be one practice on July 24th, 3:30 – 5:45pm. There will be no morning or evening practice that day.
Times are Eastern Daylight Time. A time zone converter can be found by following this link.